Ride through the Simonsberg Trail system that has magnificent singletracks that are easy enough for beginners to try, but tricky enough for intermediate & experienced riders to have some playtime!
Permits are required at R60/ day. Obtain your trail permit and details from the Muratie Tasting Room or at Dirtopia Trail Centres.
- An indemnity form must be completed
- Trails have been built, managed & maintained by Dirtopia and soon annual permits will be available
- You can ride up to 35km with various options from a maze of trails
- Open Daily
- Cycling starts at Muratie.
- No permit no ride.
- Permit obtainable in the cellar.
- Cyclists use the route at own risk.
- Ride the trail like it is yours.
- No excessive breaking in the downhill corners - This would help avoiding heavy rutting from forming.
Visit the Dirtopia trail Centre located on Muratie Wine Farm.
Hikers have their own circular 3.5km hiking trail that has over 220 hand-built steps and reach the viewpoint at Gilloolys as well. From here hikers can walk a bit further in on Cork Oak trail, via View trail to Jakhalskloof and back to Gilloolys.
Keep an eye on Dirtopia social media pages for announcements on extended trail hours for the popular sunset hikes that are held once a month. Normally around full moon time with a Muratie wine station at the picnic spot!
MOK gallery is an abbreviation for modern kontemporêr, the Afrikaans for modern contemporary.
Art assists in building cultural bridges, creating a better functioning society. The mission of the gallery is to give artists a platform from where their art can communicate, whether it be social, political, cultural or simply aesthetic.
Muratie has centuries of well preserved history and MOK gallery feels very much at home here. The gallery is located in Ansela’s house, dating from 1685.
Visitors from all over flock to this beautiful piece of paradise, giving our artists the opportunity to expose their work. We invite you to visit the gallery on www.mokgallery.com or contact Cecile on 072 553 5547 or email@example.com