The GP Canitz Guest Cottage
Muratie Wine Estate is situated against the Simonsberg Mountain range, just 10 km outside Stellenbosch. The rustic cottage is centrally located on this historic farm and was originally the art studio of renowned painter, and previous owner, George Paul Canitz. It boasts a classic combination of old world charm and Bohemian aesthetics.
Experience the hustle & bustle of farm life, appreciate the spectacular views of the Simonsberg mountain range, or explore the estate’s hiking- and MTB trails. Stepping out your door, you will find yourself on the doorstep of our restaurant’s terrace and historic tasting room. With visitors from all over the world the days possess a hum of activity, which subsides towards the evenings, allowing you to enjoy the tranquil sunsets.
Our Farm Kitchen offers breakfast and lunch (Wednesdays – Sundays) on the terrace or inside the old cellar. Taking a stroll about the property, you may come across the MOK art gallery where you may peruse the art on display or wonder over to the paddock to visit our donkey and alpacas.
Join us in the tasting room to taste some of our award-winning wines and allow our staff to elaborate on the rich history of Muratie Wine Farm.
The intimate single-story cottage features a single bedroom, which includes a queen-sized bed, and an en-suite bathroom. The cottage also features a lounge, a fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities. The lounge includes a flat-screen TV and an open fireplace. Private parking is available and daily cleaning service is included in the price. Wifi is available throughout the property.
- We are situated 9 km from the restaurant, bars, museums, and galleries of the Stellenbosch town center.
- Linen and towels are provided.
- Daily cleaning service is included.
- Parking available.
- Check-in from 14h00 – 17h00
- Check-out before 10h00
- The guesthouse accommodates a maximum of 2 adults
- A 50% pre-payment will be charged to confirm the booking
- Guests will be charged 50% of the total price in case of cancellation.
- Guests will be charged the total price in case of cancellation within 7 days of stay.
- All requests, confirmations and cancellations are only valid if in writing.
Please click on ‘Book for Accommodation’ for available nights and rates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
OPEN: WEEK - SAT - SUN - HOL