From Ouma Annatjie’s Kitchen – Salmon with Tarragon & Cream Sauce
29 April 2020
Salmon with Tarragon & Cream Sauce
2 Salmon fillets
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Tbsp (15 ml) sunflower oil
½ Small onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh tarragon, finely chopped
4 Tbsp (90ml) thick cream
2 Tbsp (30ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160 ˚C.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-duty pan until hot and cook the salmon (skin side up) for 3 minutes until light brown. Turn it over and cook on the skin side for 2 minutes.
- Place the salmon in an oven safe dish and sprinkle the onion and the tarragon over the fish.
- Add the cream to the dish and bake for 10-12 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Sprinkle parsley over the dish and serve with boiled baby potatoes.
Pairs perfectly with our Isabella Chardonnay.